Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Because Game ALWAYS Respects Game

 One of my roommates is a guy named Scott. (Not his real name btw).  He's lived with me for 5+ years and he's absolutely great.  He loves my doggie possibly more than I do and he always helps out with the frequently mundane tasks that women tend to not want to do.  He's a super chill, rent always on time, his only fault is being a LA Dodgers fan, guy.  I like him a lot even if I've not been the best landlord/friend until getting abstinent.  I'm lucky to have him as a friend.  

Scott has a best friend named Wayne.  Wayne and he went to high school in Elk Grove together and have remained friends this whole time.  I've never met Wayne before.  And that's ok.  It's not like Scott's the sort of guy to invite a friend over to see his cool "pad".  That's not Scott's vibe, or Wayne's either probably.  So they spend a fair amount of time playing video games online and being friends.  I like him based on his choice in people already.  

So Wayne has a habit of sending Scott gifts randomly from time to time.  He's done it for years and they're always 100% original and 250% bizarre.  This most current gift is certainly the weirdest.  So Scott comes downstairs wearing a more formal robe than I've seen him in before.  Now if you thought Wayne was the only one with a sense of humor in this friendship think again, because Scott also enjoys taking a leisurely smoke out on the patio wearing a 3/4 length robe that makes him look suspiciously like a flour tortilla.  So he's got a healthy respect for the seemingly absurd as well.  Perhaps a friendship made in heaven? 

So Scott opens up his robe to show me what is possibly the tackiest attempt at a dashiki I've ever had the privilege to gaze at with my own eyes.  We're talking Nigerian Prince, "I swear I can prove to you I am rich if you'll just help me gain access to my account" rich. You get the vibe.  I give a hearty laugh and we go on with our night.  We briefly discussed the idea of attempting to get Wayne back in a good natured grudge match, but nothing was set in motion.  He tried to lure Ellie outside to get cuddles from her while she gave RBF looks to him.  I thought that was it. 

But then, just like all the great sidekicks of super hero origin stories, my best friend Krista enters the scene.  She has had a rather tough life of late.  And to say that she could use a laugh would have been frighteningly accurate.  So I regale her with the tale of Dashiki Scott and she's now laughing so hard she can't breathe and her stomach is cramping.  So, "VICTORY ACHIEVED" was definitely the vibe of the day. She then provided what will hopefully become "Phase 2" of this adventure.  That will be for her to get a fantastic mu mu and get some braids put into her hair.  Then a recording of them both walking around a local Walmart not understanding why they're being stared at will be created.  Once this has been achieved we will gather to give this culturally significant gift to Wayne, who is African American btw, a fact which just makes this story that much more awesome. 

One thing I know for sure.  The amount of fun I've had today is ONLY possible because of my diligence in working the 12 Step program of recovery from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.  No way would I be having any of this fun left to my own devices.  

More shall be revealed.  I can't wait. 

Keep coming back.  Thanks, KathyK  


No comments:

Post a Comment